Wednesday, October 08, 2008

the power to do what I cannot

As I shared with my twitter buddies, I have just one more work day before my job {few hours as it is} is a thing of the past. It's amazing to me how something I really enjoy so much could so not be right. But there is NO grace on it right now. I guess God's ways are not mine, huh.

I don't stay with things that there's no grace for. Not saying I never have to do anything I don't like to do. I do. But even in the kicking my feet, God brings grace. I love His grace. The power to do what I can not.

I experienced it this morning. I woke up to a rough start. Not sure why. Just really thin emotions. Thankfully, I have a pastor who is also my hubby who undergirds me with prayer and helps me break through. And he did. And God can through with His grace, and the day has been fine ever since. Grace. Him, not me.

On a totally unrelated note: Is it ridiculous that I am still working on the same cup of coffee I started at 6:30 tonight? I've reheated it twice and added EggNog too. Craziness......

Soooo, tomorrow is my day home. And I'll actually be here. Yay. I've got to get my home put back together, pack for our weekend, and get the church bulletin ready since we won't be home until late on Saturday. Oh, and I'm with the kids on Sunday so I've a lesson to look through.

The next few weeks will be a whirlwind. Three or four trips out-of-town. Several nights of Focused Prayer times. Hopefully some company - my sister with her lovely fam...read: the baby's coming! A trip to the zoo. ChocotoberFest. A field trip. Fall Fun Fest.

Huh. That grace I was talking about. I think it's going to be much called on this month!

4 comments:

reallyniceday said...

Are you doing the Chocolate thingy at your home?

Glad that your schedule will be a little freer after tomorrow. It's refreshing to have the freedom to step into the next thing. I'm confident His grace will lead you.

javamamma said...

Yeah, the ChoctoberFest is here. I think Mark & Ash will be coming then so that will be fun to have her here too. Good times.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

One of these days I am going to crash your Chocktoberfest, you know!

I'm glad that you've been released from working. You have your hands so full otherwise, and I know it must take a ton of energy and focus.

You know what made me giggle? When I commented on your last post, I told you the HTML code for a "return" and DUH! It wouldn't show up because it READ the HTML!

Anyway it's this < b r > only take out all of the spaces in between.

ConservaChick said...

I SO get the job thing. I LOVE people so I thought my coffee shop job would be a perfect fit, but while it's a good thing, I find it taking me away from where God wants me. I actually was going to have a Choctober fest for our church family (stealing stillhisgirls's idea) but I was too busy WORKING. I'm going to cut back days to 1 1/2 from 3 ... see if that works, but we shall see. ~K