Sunday, October 12, 2008

takin' advantage of the situation

"Jesus said, 'You're asking the wrong question. You're looking for someone to blame. There is no such cause-effects here. Look instead for what God can do. We need to be energetically at work for the One who sent me here, working while the sun shines. When night falls, the workday is over. For as long as I am in the world, there is plenty of light. I am the world's Light." John 9:3-5 (Message)

Last night, I was preparing for Children's Church and this verse glued itself to my heart. (well, God probably did it!)

In a season of our planet, that I believe will be one of the most supernatural, signs & wonders times in the history of our world - I know that many will not (and have not) embrace this move of God. They are asking the wrong questions, filling their minds with doctrine and theology (not that those are bad for sure, just not the ONLY thing). Pointing fingers and calling names has already begun.

Instead, I will look for what God can do. I pray I will be energetically at work for the One who sent me here. Not just at work, but energetically looking for ways to glorify Jesus' name. For as long as we, as believers, are in this world, there is light, there is hope for the lost. This season is short. I wanna take advantage of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great passage...I am going to study it now
You encourage me to be empowered!

Kimmie said...

Okay...this is off topic (not that the topic isn't good) but I only have a minute before I need to run Pirate Jacky to preservice worship practice....did you redo your blog all by your big-girl self? It looks awesome. I love it.

I keep pondering change on mine...and just am too chicken and without the know-how.

You did a fabulous job...looks great!

Kimmie

Nen said...

you continue to challenge me and inspire me!! :)

And enjoy your season of not working! :)

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Good word, friend.

I cannot handle all the theology debate either. It negates what we're here for...to show the love of Christ.