Tuesday, October 21, 2008

just a quick snippet

I had a great weekend away at a women's conference. Well, not just A women's conference. THIS women's conference. Close to 1500 women in attendance. 48 salvations. Over 500 baby outfits brought to bless a few mommies. Two women so mind-blowing blessed that we all were overwhelmed. And much more. This church body knows how to do things with excellence and incredible class. I LOVE when The Church goes all extravagant. It totally blesses me. More on all that later but here's a quick snippet from my notes from one of the sessions....


1) Popularity is momentary.
Significance is eternal.

2) Popularity needs glory and titles.
Significance can stay in the shadows.

3) Popularity tries to promote itself.
Significance is lifted by others.

4) Popularity is lonely.
Significance is not possible without discipleship.

5) Popularity finishes quickly.
Significance we'll see only in heaven.


It's totally OK to be common or popular or influential but let's DEFINITELY be significant!


I'll blog more another time but today is our Annual ChoctoberFest so I gotta get on the ball! G'day all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go!

ConservaChick said...

I am going to share this post with my daughters... great message!