Thursday, October 23, 2008

from the zoo, to a night of chocolate, to bed

Getting home from the DFL Conference, sent me into a whirlwind of activity. My sis and her fam stayed with us a few days, ChoctoberFest was thrown in there and then on to my normal life stuff that happens in a week, plus getting ready for an overnight trip tomorrow. The highlight for us though, was our trip to the zoo on Monday.

This guy was making quite a ruckus. Which led to this.....


Silly boy. You LIKE noise!


All the cousins together! See how big the baby is already?


The day after the zoo, was ChocotoberFest: Nebraska-style. Nothing too fancy just some yumm-o chocolate!



The feast



The happy people


The silly people


And, just for fun, a photo I found on the camera the next morning. My feelings exactly. :)






6 comments:

Nen said...

i need a choctoberfest! but I want someone else to do it for me, and then send a bunch of leftovers home with me as well!! :) doesn't that sound like a great deal? must to bed. I promised bryan i'd be in bed by 10:30...and I have 11 minutes to do all bed prep stuff. DANG I was going to take a bath tonight. oh well.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Choctoberfest rocks! Just the name alone inspires so much--will tell my women's ministry about it.

Kimmie said...

Oh your Choctober fest looks rockin'....did you have fun?

Love the monkeys...so fun to sneak away.

Enjoy your overnight....

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Scott said...

The chocolate looks awesome.

I'm in my fourth or fifth year of contemplating hosting a "Cheesetoberfest."
Maybe next year. Those chocolate fountains can handle cheese sauce too, right?

Anonymous said...

Choctoberfest - I may have to steal that idea! How fun!

ConservaChick said...

That last photo is priceless!