Tuesday, October 16, 2007

heartland style

Well, I think the first annual 'Choctoberfest:Heartland Style' was a hit. We had 14 ladies nibbling chocolate yummies, downing coffee and enjoying some good fellowship. I had 4 other gals that had planned to come up until the last hours - sick kids and a busy husband being home for the evening kept them from participating.

I got left with WAY too many leftovers and only 2 photos but hey, it's the first year, eh? We can only go up from here.

I think the coolest part about it to me was that while, 10 gals were from church (plus me), 3 weren't and the 4 others that got held up were not from church either. I love that we're expanding past our walls....and our little town. One lady, I actually 'officially' met for the first time last night. I got her address in a 'stalker-ish' way after seeing her face umpteen-gazillion times over the last year and a half at school. (Her son is in my daughter's class) I'm glad I didn't freak her out and she came to party with us.

Without further ado, here are the TWO photos...


5 comments:

Chelle said...

Mmmm...looks yummy! I'm glad it turned out so well...and that you were able to reach out to some new people! :-)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

YEAH! So glad it went well! It IS a great, non-threatening thing to invite new people to; people who simply need girlfriends! I met somebody brand new at mine last week, too; she'd been invited by a friend.

Wish we could do it together. ;)
What were some favorites??

Christin said...

Yay!!! I, too, am planning on doing one of these chocolate smorgasbords right after our annual ladies retreat! Sounds like fun!...all except the left overs. :D

reallyniceday said...

So what were some of rhe desserts? I'm curious. Truffles?

javamamma said...

Chocolate covered strawberries were my fav! I threw Choxie truffles out since I was providing the home, coffee, etc. I didn't stress myself with baking. There was a Kahlua cake, peppermint brownies, rocky road desert, and more. Nothing was nasty. :)