Saturday, June 14, 2008

turning into our 12th year

Happy Anniversary to me! I'm laying here in a hotel bed while my husband is running 'some errands' (read: we are 1 hour from home and he is out buying a card). Today we mark 11 years of doing life together.

I've been laying here, asking God what He would have me write about My Beloved....


If you want to know how we got together, read it HERE.

I've blogged about Mitch being my best friend.

Then there was the post about how much I love his quirkiness.

But he is much more than quirky, he is totally fabulous too.

God is truly brilliant in His match-making and fit me together perfectly with what I needed in a husband.

God knew that I can be really anal about stupid things and I needed Mitch to be a free-spirit who thrives on flexibility.

God knew that he was going to bless my womb with 3 daughters and the father of these ladies would be smothered in little princess love - so he had to enjoy being loved on.

God knew I needed Mitch to draw me out, to become the woman of God I am becoming.

As Song of Songs *says,

My dear lover is one in a million, there's no one quite like him!...Everything about him delights me, thrills me through and through! That's my lover, that's my man...



*Yeah, that's The Message, taken from chapter 5 verses 10-16

5 comments:

reallyniceday said...

Bless you guys! Hope you have a great day together!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Shari

Kimmie said...

Enjoy your little getaway, so glad that you are counting your blessings. ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Gayle said...

Happy Anniversary!
I hope your whole weekend was fantastic...
About the post below, I would have so taken the Chicken Exit..LOL!

Robin said...

Happy anniversary!!