Thursday, June 12, 2008

30 hours at home

I'm sitting here enjoying my 30 hours at home for the week. And it's amazingly quiet because, bless God, we have INCREDIBLE friends who volunteered to keep our kids until Sunday. I hope you have some friends like that. They are a blessing.

So yeah, Mitch and I will celebrate 11 years of marriage on Saturday, soooo on Tuesday we spent the day living on the wild side at World's of Fun. As we drove there Tuesday morning, both of us felt like our day would be prophetic or symbolic. That God was wanting to speak to us through our adventurous day.

Here's a few random thoughts, along with the very few photos we (I) took.

Our life is sorta like an amusement park. Lots of rides. Crazy ones.



I don't want to ever take the Chicken Exit. I want to enjoy all that God has planned for me, even if it seems a little scary.


Sometimes life will spin so fast, you won't even see me! And yes, this is the ride that the floor drops out. No, My Beloved did not ride with me. Crazily, I was the ONLY one on the ride at this time.


This guy God planted me with, to spend my entire life with? He's so fabulous and I'm thankful that no matter what wild adventures God sends us (or him) on - that he always ends up right back in my bed!


Tomorrow morning we head out for a 2 day conference. It will be nice to press into ministry without the responsibility of children. (Thank you, Kari!) On Sunday, my children will return along with our friends, maybe lots of them. We get Mr. Prophet-0f-France at our church on Monday night and he will stay with us overnight so Mitch can drive him to the airport on Tuesday. The next adventure? My sister's wedding!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy Anniversary!! This time last year we were both planning big trips to celebrate our 10th...hard to believe another year has passed! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! :) Hope your days alone are amazing and special.