Tuesday, January 20, 2009

words of blessing & life

I love that IHOP is proclaiming blessing over President-Elect Barak Obama this morning. This president, more than any other, I feel the need to rise up in prayer for.

Sure, it's in obedience to scripture. And no, I don't think it's out of fear. But honestly, it's because I believe the impossible. If we pray life and blessing over this man ~that's exactly what he'll be for this country. And on the flip side, if we {as 'Christians} speak cursing and death over a man we did not elect, THAT is exactly what we'll get.

So, Lord, breathe on America again. Breathe on our leaders. Cause Your face to shine upon us. If your light shines on us, it displaces ALL the darkness.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

YES
Yes
and yes again!!

I was just explaining that to my 9 yr old, who somehow, possibly from us but I don't think so, has an attitude from you-know-where about the president elect. SO we have been doing some scripture look-ups to get God conviction instead of mama-conviction. :)

Christin said...

Yup. I definitely need to start praying. xo