Thursday, January 15, 2009

his return

So, Christin asked how I was doing without My Beloved....

By all appearances, things are really pretty good. Life is flowing pretty easily. It hasn't been too bad of a burden being a single mommy or pastor/worship leader or fire starter and maintainer. God's grace really is amazing.

I haven't minded the nights being home alone. The kids have done well about going to bed and relatively well about waking up and getting ready for school on time. I've made it to all the activities and meetings and managed them just fine on my own.

I just hate the emptiness. Emptiness in the house when we come home. Emptiness in my gut when I go throughout the day with no one to chat with. Emptiness when I crawl into bed...by myself. It isn't an overwhelming feeling, just a subtle ache.

All that to say that things really are fine. But I am most definitely looking forward to his return on Wednesday. And feeling like a married woman again. ;)

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I wish I anticipated the return of Jesus as much as I anticipate the return of my hubby when he's been gone.

Not sayin' you don't, I'm sayin' I don't and this post made me realize that.