Wednesday, September 24, 2008

weeding the garden of my life

Just a quick post.... I knew I'd been away from my computer for several days which meant no blogging or blog reading for, um yeah, a week. My only internet checking has been done on my new Blackberry Pearl in between the movement of life. Which basically means, I've read the emails and Facebook updates that come in. Oh, and a twitter here and there.

And right now, I need to attack the mountain of laundry, take a shower, get the basement ready for tonight's company, make cinnamon rolls.....all before heading to work at 11. Speaking of work, the job is going. I enjoy it an' all and I'm glad to help out a couple from church but it's becoming more apparent that something's gotta go. This is the first.

I feel such a longing to sit at the feet of Jesus and pull on His wisdom for this season of life. But alas, there is NO time. Which is tragic because, for the first time in my life, children are not the excuse. So, it's time to start weeding. All those good things but things that it's time to let go of. It's a new season. I don't wanna stay stuck in the old. Grace is wearing thin for several things, and if I go by past experience, that's a call from my Jesus that change is in the air. Kinda scary but way exciting.

OK folks, IHOP worship team just switched, that's a cue - get off your duff, javamamma, and get busy. I'm signing off.....

3 comments:

reallyniceday said...

Can't wait to glean from your wisdom. I've always admired your ability to organize and administrate...and in this season your life circumstances. Bless ya!

Anonymous said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We have a good God, and he always helps us with our "gardening"!

ConservaChick said...

I like this post. I think I need to do a bit of weeding myself. ~K