Monday, June 02, 2008

rundown of our weekend

Our weekend was fabulous! Crazy, of course, but great. The service on Thursday night was awesome. Our friends who did worship did an awesome job. Really set the tone for the whole night.

Friday included meeting with my sis and her fiancee to go over the wedding plans for June 21. My Beloved will be doing the ceremony and I am a bridesmaid. (first time EVER - really!) Then off to watch an hour of my little brother's ball game and out to eat with my grandparents (who hosted us this weekend).

Next my sister's and I took my mom out for dessert to celebrate her birthday (which is actually today). I was so caught up in our beautiful desserts that I didn't take any photos of us 5 gorgeous gals. ;) We ended the day, late, with setting up for Saturday's garage sale.





The sale went pretty well, meaning we all made some cash but we had SOOOO much that we still had a gob to haul off to GoodWill when we were done. Atleast it's all gone! Yay.

Sunday was fun, getting to go back to our home church. It's grown so much in the 3 years since we left. God's grace and anointing on these amazing people is so evident. We're so blessed to have sat under them for 8 years.

Then the lovely shower. I'm a dummy and didn't snap any photos. But it was a fun time anyways. On the menu was a Strawberry Cream Trifle and some Watermelon & Peach Salsa with Cayenne Chips. If you haven't guessed, it was Pampered Chef. Those are always a riot.

This week is another week on the go. We'll be home until Thursday when we head back out to do another service. Then on Friday and Saturday we will come halfway back to go to services with another powerful preacher. We'll come home for Sunday, then head out to KC for most of the next week. I'm pretty sure we'll be sleeping in strange beds more than we'll be sleeping in our own for the month of June!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Sounds like you had a really yummy weekend. Those desserts look totally delish!