Saturday, March 08, 2008

ode to phenomenal pastors

We just got home from our 24-hour jaunt to our hometown for a wedding. Our trips 'home' are always a whirlwind. Basically, because that is not home anymore and we just go back for 'events' and then generally have to rush back home. Home is here - where our life is.

Anyways, it was a great trip. A nice wedding, cake, brunch with my fam to celebrate my 'baby' sister's birthday, coffee with 2 of my most favorite couples in the world. This one and these phenomenal pastors.

A little more about these phenomenal pastors.... I have an amazing respect for Ron & Roxane. My Beloved and I cut our pastoral teeth underneath them. They were our Sr. Pastors while My Beloved served as the Associate for 8 years. Pastor Ron and Roxane display a tremendous grace and love for people and have incredible wisdom. Their leadership to our home church for these many years (is it close to 20 now?) has taken a small, good church to a growing, vibrant, house of restoration with over 700 people in attendance weekly. And they ain't done yet!

While God is doing amazing miracles and works of restoration among them, they show only humility and awe at what God is doing. They're the kind of people you want to be like when you 'grow up'. They are not perfect and would never claim to be. And that's what makes them a couple you can admire and respect. I feel tremendously blessed to have my roots in a ministry led by such as these.

3 comments:

Christin said...

"they are not perfect and would never claim to be."

yep, those are the types of leaders that people feel comfortable following.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Oh my goodness, I was going to put the same exact quote that Christin did up.
Anyway, I will give that a big hearty A-MEN!

Kimmie said...

Glad God has set you up with such great mentors-glad you were able to gather with them while you were there.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted