Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the darndest things

So, Sunday night I was sitting here at my laptop, IHOP blaring through my speaker and GodTube videos pumping through Mitch's laptop in the other room. But through the noise (and my kids were sleeping mind you), I could faintly hear a dog barking at one end of the house.

That's not normal at our house and it didn't stop so I walked 10 foot to the end of the house and peeked out the back window. It was pitch dark and I couldn't see a thing but I could hear that the barking was coming from the end of the house and it wasn't stopping.

I called Mitch in to listen and then he went out to investigate....in the pitch dark. But before he went out, we had the thought, "Could a dog have fallen or jumped into our basement window well? And he can't jump or climb the 10 foot to get himself out?"

What do you know? Our assessment was accurate. Mitch had to push a muddy dog up to the top of the window well to let him out of his 4x10 foot hole. The darndest things happen around here.

P.S. I posted my "Using Your Much" notes OVER HERE. I'll post the actual challenges tomorrow - they begin next week. Get on board!

1 comment:

Lelia Chealey said...

Hello!
Nice to "meet" you. I saw your comment on my blog & that we live within a 1/2 hour from eachother...so cool!
3 blogs...that's so neat. I enjoyed looking through them. I'll be back... :)
Funny story by the way.Poor dog.