Friday, June 27, 2008

hokey pokey-ing through life

Why is it that nearly every time I go to post, the lyrics, "you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...." go through my head? Honestly.

We're away from home...again. I was ready to move again though. Adjustment seems hard for me - so being back home for more than 2 days was sending me into a frenzy. Once I've done everything I needed to do - what now? Whatever.

Last night's service was unlike anything I've ever been in. Maybe similar to Lakeland but different. Wild, but really good. Here's a quote that stuck out to me, "I'd rather be an amateur in the new move than a professional in the old move." I'd take almost anything over professionalism. I will never be a professional on God. He cannot be contained to that.

I've decided that God used the previous season to ask for our hearts - now He is wanting our souls. I've been taught that my soul includes my mind, will and emotions. God wants those too. This season is one that will challenge your mind, your will and your emotions. Will we be offended? It's easy. Or will we give our souls to Jesus and let Him reign there too? I wanna pass the test. I wanna be with Him where He is.


I don't wanna be offended
I don't wanna be offended
I don't wanna be offended when it's all comin' down

lyrics by Misty Edwards

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... I don't know what to think about all this. I want it, yet don't really understand why it doesn't come here. I know you can't manipulate the HS :) - I would sure love a good conversation with someone who knows about / experiences all this stuff. I know it from the Bible and that's it. Should it be enough?

Todd said...

great post Dani. (I just got off work at 3am)