Tuesday, May 27, 2008

grocery store cookies

A week after school let out, this is our first 'normal' day at home. It's been a tad rough with mommy suffering from 'monthly issues' but we'll all live, I'm sure. Right now, I've got one sleeping, one listening to "The Singing Bible" and one reading out of John. This lovely picture follows children fighting, mommy yelling and a messy house. :)

A ball game and a board meeting are postponed for the night so we're going to plant our behinds in front of the tube with a movie tonight. Now I just need to find one. I planned a simple supper because of the previously busy evening so now I'm searching for something a little more substantial to make from the ingredients in the cupboard. Did I mention it's cold and rainy? So something more than sandwiches sounds good, ya know? I did grab a refrigerated package of sugar cookie dough for the girls to bake us for dessert. So what goes with grocery store cookies? Hmmm.....

4 comments:

reallyniceday said...

Macaroni and cheese with tuna and koolaid?

javamamma said...

OK, that wasn't fair! :) I got some chicken out to go with some boxed Thai noodles. Heehee.

Anonymous said...

That's an easy one! - Ice Cream!

Shari

Chelle said...

It's always nice when you get an unexpected evening off, isn't it? These days our evenings are so crammed full of activities that I'm having a hard time squeezing in supper! Last night I served up P.B. and jam sandwiches with carrot sticks and granola bars out of a cooler in the back of our minivan as we raced from swimming lessons to Josiah's baseball game. LOL!