Wednesday, May 28, 2008

stay outta the river

At the onething conference at the end of '07, God really emphasized the word 'slander' to me. Granted I'm totally capable of slander, but at the time I didn't feel utterly convicted, I was just pondering the word. I think I'm finding out why God put it on my heart.

A move of God has begun. It may be THE move to usher in the coming of Jesus and it may not be. But regardless, it is a genuine move of God, making the name of Jesus famous in our time. Many are being saved, many are being restored, many are being healed. And many are offended and slandering fellow believers. The problem with slander is once it starts within the body of Christ, it free-flows like an ugly, muddy river.

Some choose to slander the man carrying the anointing and are offended at the way God has chosen to reveal Himself. And then others slander the slander-ers, being proud how they themselves recognize the move of God while others are blind to it. When slander starts flowing, it's so easy to jump in the dark, repulsive waters and flow with it as well.

I believe God was cautioning me back at the beginning of the year, 'when the slander starts, don't be a part of it'. So I've been cautioned and made aware. I pray my heart can stay right and my lips pure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good word for all of us. Thanks for sharing.

Shari

Anonymous said...

interesting. Its funny to think where I have come from. In the past I think he would have freaked me out. Anything charasmatic... with any charismatic lingo... actually. Fear, I think. Somehow I got a fear of anything that MIGHT not be of God. Its nice to be in a place that is more relaxed. It doesn't scare me anymore how God might move, and if those in leadership / doing ministry have all their ducks in a row or are right-theologically. It just seems there is room for grace and imperfections. You know?
just blabbing.
That said, I went to the Freshfire website and had a quick peek. I hope God IS moving... and if He is, then I hope it travels all the way up through Anchorage! :)

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

AMEN, sister! Seriously, I have been praying for my mouth to produce only fresh water as well.
While I haven't gone to the website yet, I will say that so much is causing me to take pause lately. Things are definitely tightening up.