Tuesday, April 01, 2008

brand new?

I enjoy baking - not that I'm very good at it but I do enjoy it. I don't have a KitchenAid or it's equal but I have a handy dandy little hand mixer that has held it's own for 10 1/2 years now. Wouldn't you know it? The week before Easter, I was doing quite a bit of baking and the little bugger burned itself out at 9pm the day before Easter. I had to mix up a batch of frosting by hand. Not good, but we made it through.

So the other day, we were in town at my favorite place to shop and I picked up another nice little hand mixer {with high hopes that My Beloved will find it in his heart, and his wallet, to get me a KitchenAid for my birthday in a couple weeks!}. Tonight I went to mix up a chocolate cake mix with my BRAND NEW mixer. Check out what I saw when I opened this BRAND NEW mixer...






It seems as if someone else had mixed up a chocolate cake with my mixer. And, you can't really see it but there's a nice dried on chunk of something green on the beaters as well. I'm gonna puke.

9 comments:

reallyniceday said...

That's....something?!

I mean, someone used it, "cleaned" it off, put it back in the box and it was resell-able? I hope they don't do that with toothbrushes or underwear.

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

As my girls would say, "That's gisgusting!"

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

NAS-TAY!!
You should get something GOOD with that return. ;)

Chelle said...

Oh.....ewwwww.

Just...ewwwww.

I am so grossed out. I wonder how often that happens?

Christin said...

*gag* We've had that happen before as well. :(

Makes you wonder what other kinds of stuff has been returned...only cleaned off more effectively.

*gag AGAIN*

Kimmie said...

Thanks for the heads up on my messed up posting ;-)

Gee, I was going to say "Think of it as extra vitamins and minerals!" but after reading the other comments, perhaps I should refrain ;-)

I don't know, maybe it is because I shop second hand a lot or maybe it is because I have 6 children? Take your pick!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

javamamma said...

If it was my own 'gunk', I could handle it. Someone else's? Gag.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

That is just wrong.

Anonymous said...

Its probably just chocolate! Smell it!Can't you "pick" it off?.....I am SOOOO kidding. I think I would have hurled!