Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm revolting

I really should be cleaning bathrooms but I'm revolting {for the moment} and thought I'd blog a minute. This week has been a week of insanity and it ain't over yet! But life is good, God is faithful and I'm extremely thankful for His amazing Grace.

Monday we returned from visiting my family over Easter. We brought back a couple of my sisters (the one's still living at home), 8 and 16 years old. They homeschool and were able to work on their school while my girls were at school. Ah, flexibility.

Tuesday and Thursday I worked. I mean, I felt like a real live working-outside-the-home mother. I had to leave our house by 7am and didn't return home those nights until nearly 5pm. Whew.

Wednesday and those evenings I worked, I tried to catch up on home life, as well as work on my message for this Sunday. Thank goodness I had a good start on it since it's much the same as the message I taught to my ladies a couple weeks ago....only longer.

Wednesday afternoon, I also had to run into town for groceries, as the rest of my family will be arriving tonight. We also had prayer that night.

So today....today I work my 3 hours at the cafe. I'm in the process of baking cinnamon rolls for my crowd of 13 for tomorrow's breakfast. And that yummy bread to go with our Pasta Fagioli tonight. And a Cherry Dump Cake, as today is one of my brother's 14th birthday. Happy Birthday to Levi!

Yet to do before Sunday morning - copy off the bulletin and insert for Sunday morning. Put the finishing touches on my message, while My Beloved puts together a high-paced video clip to the Mission Impossible theme song. {I love living in this generation!} Conquer the loads of laundry that have piled up this week. Oh, and those dreaded bathrooms. :) I'm off.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in need of a Sabath rest.

Hang in there busy mama!

Shari

Christin said...

Oh man! Did you HAVE to mention the bathrooms. Mine are in DIRE need of a scrubbling. Actually of a blowtorch and a hammer. But hey...we do what we can. ;)

Have fun with the fam! ...how many sibs do you have?

javamamma said...

I have 9 siblings - making 10 children in the fam. Four of us are out of the house - 2 of us married. The first 5 of us are girls, then 2 boys, a girl and 2 more boys. Yikes!

Chelle said...

We all need to revolt once in a while...LOL. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

perhaps pipe the mission impossible theme into your MP3 player (assuing you have one, while you clean the bathroom.. ;)

Have a great weekend and may God breathe on your message!

Anonymous said...

Our church normally switches to one service from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Some of it is Montana culture - most people moved to Montana for all the great outdoor stuff this state has to offer. Our church also is involved in a couple of camps that run all summer long and the church really encourages involvement in that.

This past year, though, we have had a number of large families move out of the area and our numbers have dropped from about 250 to about 180 so we decided to make the change earlier. I love the one service but two services allows for growth and for better reaching out to the community.

Another Montana strange thing, that is just weird to me, is that during hunting season (the end of Sept - to the end of Nov) there aren't men at church except pastors and the elderly men. Almost all the men that can hunt are gone. Meat for the family is still provided by what you hunt.

Cultural difference, the church we belonged to in Moses Lake, WA had increased attendance during the summer.

Have a blessed day!

Shari

javamamma said...

Interesting. Our church numbers can drop in the summer due to farming season. People are generally busier when the sun comes out, eh? :) I came from a church with 1 Sat. night service and 2 Sun. morning. I'm with you, I see the point in multiple services but man, it's exhausting and you can't connect with everyone you'd like too.