Friday, September 28, 2007

not really my style

So, it's been a crazy week. In a good and busy kind of way. I haven't had one day at home which is not really my style. Because of being gone so much the house is a cluttered mess and I feel like I have a list of things I forgot to do. Here's the run down...

Monday - not too crazy but we went to the city in the evening for My Beloved's birthday and after indulging him with 2 hours at the guitar store, we got home late.

Tuesday - I worked and then rushed to get supper (lasagna dinner and chocolate cake) together for our birthday celebration at home with friends.

Wednesday - shopping day. Back to the city for the afternoon to do my 2-weeks grocery/household shopping. This ended up taking about 2 hours longer than I'd expected and I had to rush with supper so we could get to prayer.

Thursday - This was supposed to be my shopping day, as I planned on staying home on Wed. BUT I ended up rearranging so I could head to the bigger city with My Beloved so he could go to the car auction. I couldn't find a sitter for 'Little Bird' so her and I shopped (and found a few deals!) while Mitch was the high bidder on a snazzy blue Ford Focus for us! Mitch says this replaces the 'corn picker'. :) After supper I went to a scrapbook night and arrived home after 10:30.

And today - again I worked, after having coffee in town with a new friend. After school Chandler went to a friend's house, while Jaci had a friend over. Tonight we went to the high school football game.

Thank goodness for Saturday's at home. My family room has 3 beds piled in it as we are doing some bed swapping between the girls' rooms. And if I step in the sticky spot in the kitchen one more time, I think I'll go into convulsions. It's time to regroup and reorganize from the week of fun so we can start all over next week!

6 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Man, I hear ya! The next time you spend a few days at home and think you didn't do much, remember how much you did today just to catch up!

Chelle said...

I've been home all week and my house is STILL cluttered and rather unkempt. :-) So don't feel bad. I'm planning on getting a bunch of work done today too.

Anonymous said...

Ugh...the sticky sound. It's usually in my flip flops that I find the stickiness.

I'm glad the auction wasn't a total waste for your hubby! Viktor's excited for next time though.

Love you guys!

javamamma said...

Yeah, we were disappointed the Warner Bros. van didn't work out....just $300-400 more and we would of transported 2 vehicles. But there's a whole new round next week, eh? We think we might have the 'corn picker' sold to a chic from here. Yay!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I need about a week at home with nothing real to do but get caught up!! Have a wonderful week!

Kimmie said...

Convulsions...now that sounds serious!

praying for your house to snap itself into shape. (Mine could use some tlc...I am swapping hot clothes for cold clothes (as my 4 year old says)...what a mess...I am up to my eyeballs in piles and laundry!)

Kimmie
mama to one homemade and 5 adopted
(and thankful for your prayers (HUG)