Wednesday, May 23, 2007

not at a loss

I've been tagged by ThreeLittleLadies over at HSB'er. I'm supposed to share my current reads. Well, I'm trying to get out of the habit of reading 10 books at once so really I'm only reading 1 book plus my Bible reading - soooo, I'll list the books on my 'list to read'. (which I sorta already did a couple posts ago)

Currently reading:
"This Day We Fight!" by Francis Frangipane (though I'll probably finish it today)
Bible Reading - 2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles, Psalms (I'm reading through chronologically)

Next on my list:
"Soul Cravings" by Erwin Raphael McManus

Also, I plan to briefly browse/re-read through:
"Grace Based Parenting" by Tim Kimmel
"The Barbarian Way" by Erwin Raphael McManus - I need to go through a friend's copy that I borrowed and 'tagged' with sticky tags and highlight those thoughts in my new personal copy.

I still need to start C.S. Lewis' space trilogy that starts with "Out of the Silent Planet".

With the kids, I'm going to go through these this summer:
"Hero Tales" by Dave & Neta Jackson
"The Power of a Praying Kid" by Stormie O'Martian
"PRAISE" by Lenny LaGuardia out of IHOP
Read through the Gospels from "The Message"

My other amazon.com books to read:
"Fight Like a Girl" by Lisa Bevere
"50 Ways to Really Love Your Kids" by Tim Kimmel

I just found out the book I've been waiting for since the beginning of April from amazon.com is not available through them at this time. So I'll have to find another place to purchase "The Amazing Discernment of Women" by Jentezen Franklin.

My Beloved has several books by Bill Johnson that I plan to get through sometime. And since I cleaned out his office a couple months ago I found several books there that I'd like to get to, including, but way not limited too:
"Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis
"Bait of Satan" by John Bevere

....And, sheesh, I could go on and on but I'll restrain myself. Let's just say, I will not be at a loss as to reading material any time this century. :o)

I guess this was a tag so if anyone's interested in sharing your current reads, or your list to read, let me know so I can come check it out -and probably add to my list!

6 comments:

Chelle said...

I always love hearing what others are reading.

reallyniceday said...

Sweet sticky tags. Did you get the primary colors or the bright ones?

javamamma said...

Act-ual-ly, those aren't the EXACT ones I have, but mine are primary colors. I like those bright colors though! I guess I had neon ones last time. (these are a staple at my house)

ConservaChick said...

I think I'll just get my book list off your blog. You've got great taste! Have you read Velvet Elvis? I have that one coming any day now. The Amazon reviews made it sound like my kind of book, but we'll see. I am going to take you up on this tag! ~Karlie

javamamma said...

Haven't read Velvet Elvis though it too is on my list since Sex God was sooo good!

Carol G said...

Dani,

Of course you can use whatever format you want. I changed mine from the tag I got too. (Maybe you would have liked her format better?!) Anyway, sounds like you've got some good reads going and on deck.

Carol