Saturday, April 14, 2007

time to detox

I'm physically feeling quite toxic and have decided I need to do a 'detox'. I don't have a juicer and need something low maintenance, as in, I'm not going to buy 100's of dollars worth of pills or anything. Right now I'm thinking lemon water, peppermint tea and baths. Any recommendations from my healthy friends....reallyniceday and rachelle....or others? I'm planning on continuing on my algae pills unless I find out I can't keep them down without food - I HATE pills. Oh, and is a couple of days sufficient?

5 comments:

reallyniceday said...

I'd do lemon juice with A table spoon or so of pure maple syrup in about 12-16 oz water, throughout the day for 2-3 days. The maple syrup if it's pure will stablize your blood sugar so you don't feel all sick or freaked out.

Here's a link for ya.
http://www.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/lemoncleanse.htm

Chelle said...

I ditto reallyniceday. That's probably the easiest at home cleanse.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried Green Tea? It tastes a bit like grass :) but with a splash of lemon it's quite nice and it's really good for you too.
So's the algae by the way (if that's green algae that you're talking about?)
You have to keep at it for a little while for it to take effect but it's well worth the effort. If you live near a health shop, see if they sell it in powder form.

javamamma said...

kiwigirl: thanks for stopping over. green tea - yes, i drink it though not in it's purest form so i'll probably stop while detoxing. and yes, the algae i'm taking is blue-green algae. as for powder form - not gonna happen. i grew up with an incredibly health-smart mamma and i'm in some what of a rebellion. i don't do things that don't taste good. :o)

Anonymous said...

Go to GNC or a healthfood store and get an herbal colon cleanse. Sounds gross, but you'll detox SO much faster! It's usually just two pills, or sometimes a pill and a fiber drink. ~Karlie