Saturday, April 28, 2007

it blessed me

I found this poem at another blog this morning and it blessed me. Enjoy your weekend!


I met God in the morning
When my day was at its best
And His presence came like sunrise
Like a glory to my breast.

All day long His presence lingered
All day long He stayed with me
And we sailed with perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them
Brought to us a peace and rest.

But I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I too had loosed the moorings,
With the Presence left behind.

So I think I know the secret
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek Him in the morning
If you want Him through the day.

--Ralph Cushman

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Sweet...and so very true!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

That really is a beautiful (and true poem)

Anonymous said...

This is utterly beautiful... and so,so true.

Thanks for posting this!

Chelle said...

I posted my review of "Happy Feet" on my blog, but I thought I'd put it here too, just in case you don't see it.

would say that Happy Feet definitely wouldn't pass a checklist for "the perfect family movie", but it was passable for our family. :-) Some s*xual innuendos in the music (thus my reaction to the opening song), one reference to an earth-style religion (the penguins worship the "great 'Guin") and some crude jokes revolving around bodily functions. But it also has great messages of sacrificial love, courage, loyalty and friendship. I guess it depends on what things are on your unacceptable radar.