Saturday, March 03, 2007

re-entry

That's what YWAM calls it when people go back to 'normal life' after being on the mission field. So, as my husband re-enters 'normal life', we thought we'd welcome him in style - just get him accustomed to life here rather than there.

After enjoying 80 degree weather, 'we' welcomed him home to 12 inches of snow at the airport and horrible, blizzard-like conditions to drive home in.

We fed him a prime rib sandwich at a local favorite - instead of tacos, of course. I, on the other hand, enjoyed tacos since I hadn't eaten them ALL WEEK.

After walking into our home, he told me "wow, you really did have a smoke problem" (with the fireplace). Somehow after 2 days and several hours with the windows open in frigid weather, he could still smell it. I could not.

I served him Folger's Lively Columbian blend instead of wonderful mexican coffee with vanilla syrup, which I hear is fabulous.

And, he was smothered in girly love all evening, which included, kisses, snuggles and a fair amount of letters and drawings by the middle princess.

I guess it's not so bad comin' home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh....I'm so glad he's back. Sounds like you guys had a great time and he came back to much warmth, in spite of the weather.

Chelle said...

So glad you have your husband back! I'm sure the girls are too. :-)