Thursday, March 01, 2007

today is a snow day

So today is a snow day. I guess it's like insanity out there. All the roads are closed to the east. Not good since I'm supposed to pick my hubby up in the east tomorrow. It sounds like where it's not cold enough to blizzard, there's tornadoes. One the first day of March? The lion is definitely roaring - in 5 weeks I should expect a soft baa, right?

And yes, today is a snow day. The kids are home and I'm not leaving the house. No Mommeez Group, no mail, no fresh air, no relief, ugh. My fireplace decided that the smoke ought to blow into the house so now it's shut down. The half hour of rest that I said was mandatory didn't seem to be regarded by anyone but me...I think I slept a little.

I have a friend I've been corresponding with via email all day. She's in the process of setting up her first blog. Watch for her to be added to my daily blog check. This lady is a deep well. Should be some good reading.

I have two objects of action that I'm so procrastinating on today. One: finishing the taxes. It really shouldn't be that big of deal. All I do is gather info to send to the accountant and I'm almost done. I just need to finish. Two: Scrubbing the bathrooms down with The Works. The water here is borderline poison (though some claim it's quite healthy to drink). Anyway it must be filled with rust because I have lovely orange rings around everything - toilets, tub, shower. The Works does a pretty decent job - I just need to get to it.

Instead it's a snow day so I'm lounging. What's wrong with me? Oh yeah, I'm on day 6 without a husband and I'm skipping around the edge of the depression zone. Oh, My Beloved is calling.....(I love skype)

5 comments:

reallyniceday said...

Man, you guys are getting pounded with snow! We just had heavy rain all night long. Someone said Bob Jones prophesied that it would be 10 weekends of snow in the Midwest. Last weekend was #7.

I don't know what that is proving because I wasn't very informed but FYI.

Aren't you excited :)

javamamma said...

Well, if you mean 'we', as in our state are getting pounded - yes. Us, our town, no. We've seemed to escape most of the snow, it's just icy roads and insane wind.

Now the far east - that's different. Will I be able to get my husband?!?!?

That is interesting about Bob Jones' prophecy. It's good to know that there's only 3 more weekends of it. And there's more states in the midwest.

Aren't you glad you guys escaped the tornadoes out there? THAT is crazy to me. (as I typed escaped, I could hear Dory saying es-cop-ay)

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like much fun!
I understand the "skipping around the edge of the depression zone," I always struggle when my dearest in on travel, fortunately it doesn't happen very often! Hang in there!
Crazy weather this year, and I'm curious as to WHY Bob Jones would bother with a prediction of how many weekends of snow....whatever! I don't get it!

Chelle said...

We've been getting the same snow systems as the US Midwest. Everything was shut down here yesterday as well.

I hope everything goes well with picking up your husband!

ROFLOL about your Dory comment...

javamamma said...

eeeemommy - it wasn't a prediction but a prophecy and i'm sure there was a spiritual significance to it, good or bad, I don't know.
anyways, we're all safe and snug at home now - woohoo.