Thursday, February 15, 2007

press on

Just sitting here shoveling in a piece of icecream cake leftover from last night's Valentine's feast. We had a pretty good evening - only had to warn the kids a couple times that if they didn't straighten up, daddy and I would be going out by ourselves next year. :o) I was presented with the exact items from Starbuck's that I had pointed out to my husband many weeks ago. Lucky girl I am!

The book that will be next on my reading list came in the mail yesterday, "The Divine Conspiracy" by Dallas Willard. This is a Brian & Peri Zahnd recommend. I'm going to quick finish the last book in the Narnia series, hopefully by Sunday, before I begin though. I also need to 'catch-up' on my bible reading. I'm reading through chronologically this year and am in Leviticus...slow going. I know some people get amazing revelation from Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy but so far it hasn't struck me. So I press on.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I have to admit...I have often wondered about some of those passages...so and so begat so and so who begat so and so...and so on.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, heavy reading. I have to confess I didn't finish the book. I think I made it half way. Our pastor raved about the book so I decided to read it. I didn't succeed, my husband did though, so best of luck.

reallyniceday said...

I'm sure if you can get through provocations you can get through most anything. It'll be a breeze I'm sure.