Monday, February 19, 2007

older generation

Why does everyone over, like 23, feel like they're 'old'? What's so wrong with that anyways? For several years (maybe many) I've wanted to be 32. I don't know why. I don't know if it's some crazy God prophetic thing or just a number that sounds nice when I say it. I am really looking forward to 32.

Put that in perspective, I am 28. I'll be 29 in April. Will I feel like I'm getting old after I pass my dream age? Will I want to lie about my age like so many others? Right now, I say 'never!' but when it's actually upon me, will I?

I think about all the stuff you know - like Godly wisdom, but also just life wisdom - when you are over 30, into your forties and especially beyond that. I think of the journey of life you've trekked for those years and all the stories and amazing things you have to share. I think it's pretty cool, actually. Yes, I think I'm looking forward to being part of that 'older generation'.

5 comments:

reallyniceday said...

You're only as old as you feel I suppose. I'm not onw having a crisis about being "older." I don't want to be 20 again. Now 80 I'm not necessarily wishing will come anyday but I'm not wanting to be younger either. Here's to 32!

la bellina mammina said...

Hi! Feeling old is just mind over matter. if you don't mind, it doesn't matter. With the life that I'm blessed with now, I wouldn't wish to be younger again.

Anonymous said...

I am 32.
I was so excited to turn 30, because my peers (those with kids the same ages as mine) were all older than me and I got so tired of hearing people say, "You're not even 30 yet?!?" Most of my peers are 5-10 years older than me, so I still feel like a baby sometimes.
32 is nice, I don't think you're old until you're 75, I may think differently when I turn 75 though! :)

meNmykids said...

I think that usually people who are distressed with their age are just at an unhappy time in their lives. It is easy to look back at all of the bad things if you are unhappy. Easy to look at the good things if you are happy. The older you get the more bad (or good) things you have to look back on. I myself would never want to relive the bad ones and look forward to the good ones. However, I have to admit it has not always been this way. AND I'm only 35, give me a few years and I may feel differently.
Gale

Chelle said...

I'm enjoying getting older, although at 27 I'm hardly old. :-) But I remember being 16 and my 27 year old youth pastor seemed soooooo old!! LOL