Tuesday, February 20, 2007

make 'em wonder

I finished 'The Last Battle' last night. Which happens to be the last book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. I very much enjoyed reading the 7 books in this series. They were soooo good.

I think Lewis had an incredible grasp on the Kingdom of God and was able to creatively express it through these novels. These are definitely on my 'want to own' list of books. Maybe this summer I'll try to read them with the girls.

Now, my focus turns to this Sunday's message. My Beloved is headed out of the nation to teach at a bible school for a week and is leaving me in charge. WooHoo. No, really I'm petrified. Well, not petrified but anxious. I can lead worship for 300 people without a sweat but speaking is an entirely different thing with me.

God's given me amazing revelation into a thought but it's the execution I'm worried about. I mean, it has to be spoken clearly for the hearer to understand, eh? Pray for me. Here's my main text - I just love it from the Amplified...

"Arise from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you - arise to a new life! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!" Is. 60:1-3 (AMP)


Oh, the title of my message is "Shine: Make 'em wonder!"

1 comment:

Chelle said...

The text and title sound great. I would love to hear more, when you're ready to share.

In answer to your question, yes, feel free to add me to your blog list. I never even thought to ask, but is it okay to have you on mine?