Sunday, December 24, 2006

a load of fun

Today we had our 2nd of 4 family Christmas celebrations. Yesterday was just the kiddos and us. We decided that we'd give the kids a day to actually play with their gifts instead of letting them open on Christmas Day and immediately loading them to into the car to head to Grandma's. A good idea.

So, today we celebrated with my beloved's side of the fam - including his brother and family. This would include 6 children, 3 boys, 3 girls. Grandpa and Grandma decided to buy each child a remote control car. Do you know how noisy...I mean...how much fun SIX remote control cars, all going at the same time, is? A load of fun and a load of noise. Good times.

In other ponderings....

I'm in section III of 'provocations' - the section on LOVE. Incredibly amazing and convicting. On Christ's love - amazing. On my love....pretty convicting.

"For this is the unfathomable nature of boundless love, that it desires to be equal with the beloved; not in jest, but in truth. And this is the omnipotence of resolving love, deciding to be equal with the beloved."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Granparents and 6 remote control cars?....hmmm sounds like some kind of sweet revenge to me.

Regarding love, I have the same feeling about I Cor 13. Amazing that God loves us like that, convicting that I fall so far short.

Merry Christmas!