Wednesday, December 27, 2006

hungry not rich

Yesterday's noon gathering ended our family's Christmas celebrations for 2006. We are sufficiently loaded with gifts to last us another year and over abundantly loaded with sugar to last about 5 years.

I most enjoyed watching my kiddos faces as they opened gifts this year. It was fun to see their excitement. I loved listening to my 3 year old say, "It's what I always wanted!" about a talking educational toy she's never seen in her life but evidently it must be great. I love watching another one of my off-spring tote around $3 worth of silly little animals because it was the only thing on her 'list' and obviously what she really wanted.

While away from home over the holidays, I had the privilege of a couple fellowship gatherings, not centered around the opening of gifts. One - coffee with my sister, wonderful time of great conversation over yummy, albeit long-awaited for, Starbuck's coffee. Secondly, a LONG lunch with our old pastors. Well, they're not old but we're no longer ministering under them. They're fabulous friends in the ministry and we had a great time with them.


Now, we're just hours away from leaving for
onething. Though we've never been and don't know what to expect. I have high expectancy for God to move in some way. I really need Him. There's a restlessness in my soul, a hunger for more. I really can't do this life alone. A verse that keeps resounding in my spirit this season is from Mary's song...."He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty." (Luke 1:53)

I wanna be hungry with room to be filled, not rich and already full.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your holidays were a success. I loved watching my kids faces this year...they're getting old enough now to really enjoy the whole event.

Have a wonderful time at your conference. Can't wait to hear all about it!