Friday, February 13, 2009

updating

So it's been a good week.

It started off with our weekend guests hanging out through Monday so we went in to town for lunch before getting the kids and moving on with our afternoon. I actually napped a bit before supper. Nice.

Tuesday was prep day. Getting life in order so I could leave town for 24 hours, starting first thing Wednesday morning. There were desserts to make, Valentines to sign, laundry to run and clothes to pack.

Wednesday morning I headed down the interstate with a couple gals from church. It was time for a soak in the prayer room at IHOP. We took the longer, scenic route as I got a little too chatty and just drove...and drove...and drove and missed two of my exits. Ooops.

Nevermind that, we spent from about 2:30 pm to midnight in the prayer room. Heavenly. I was made for this. In that 7 1/2 hour stretch, there wasn't a ho-hum set. They were all glorious. Which makes for a great day with Jesus.

One gal just couldn't pull herself away, so we left her there through the night. She was still kickin' at 9am when she finally was pulled away so we could get ready to make the trek home. Gotta love passion! The trip home was much shorter. And filled with nice conversation.

That evening was Jaci's first band concert ~ which she performed fabulously in. It was a fun evening with grades 5-12 performing. The band teacher is a genious, I'm pretty sure. My mom and sis came down to attend, and arrived in time to have supper with us.

At 9pm, when that was over, we continued an hour down the interstate to the airport to pick up a friend from Texas so he can hang out this week. Arriving home late and not getting to bed til near 2 was just fine since school had already been called off for the report of 'the worst snow storm of the year' heading our way.

I shut off all alarms and email chimes but was still awakened by a text at 7am from my daughter just across the house. She saw that the snow hadn't started yet and was sure they would be having school. I tried to assure her via text that no, school was already cancelled, they would not be going. I ended up having to get up and walk in to her room to convince her that they would not be having Valentine Parties today. (the snow hit on the day of Christmas parties too. life is so unfair.) So much for no alarms and sleeping in undisturbedly. Ah well. I did go back to sleep and didn't wake up til about 9. So nice.

The snow did hit just shortly after 7 and I think we have atleast 6 inches or so. I haven't left the house though everyone else has at one time or another. My afternoon has been spent cooking meals and baking bread and dessert for tomorrow's big dinner. As well as helping a friend set up a google account complete with her own gmail. The fireplace has kept us quite toasty and we have drank our fill of coffee.

Tomorrow is our Annual Family Valentine's Day dinner which will include 2 single guests - no matchmaking here though. Mitch and I will celebrate our couple-ness in another week with a ministry trip to Florida without the kiddos.

That's been my week. Posted here for journaling's sake!

No comments: