Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I'm a geeeen-iussss

The tree's up. Nativity and village scene are in place. And there are boxes strewn through my family room. So I've started the decor, just haven't finished. Maybe tomorrow.

This morning started off a good friend picking me up to go in to the 'Bux. Great way to start the day! We made a jaunt through Wal-Mart, I grabbed a few CD storage books/cases. Back home around 11.

I threw out about half our CD collection and zipped up the rest of the CD's. (I tossed the cases for those. Am I going to regret that?) Then I put our few DVD's in another case and tossed some more plastic. It feels so good to take up less space!

Hubby and I had a small lunch and I set out a couple more Christmas things. By then it was time to get the girls from school. I took a book along for the 20 minute wait I'd have. (You see, I have to get there that early to actually get a parking place to pick up my Kindergartener) But instead I had some genius ideas about a Christmas Tea Party for my girls and their friends and a small Christmas gathering for a few hip friends.....this in consolation to not having the {poorly} attending Annual Open House. Genius, I tell ya!

I put together a Cheddar Chowder for supper that was pretty yummy. I got the recipe years ago from my Pastor's wife but I'm not sure I've ever made it. Anyways, it was good. Now I'm sippin' afterdinner french press and we're about to head to Worship & Prayer. Good day. A good, productive, yet relaxing, day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now THAT sounds like a LOVELY day!! :) A beautiful balance of a bit of everything... relaxing, bonding, productivity, good food and drink, and brilliant ideas... congratulations! :)

Sarah said...

sounds like a wonderful day! glad you enjoyed yourself.