Monday, November 03, 2008

a completeness

This morning I was flipping through a notebook I've wrote in off and on all year. It begins with a verse God gave me at "oneThing 2007" for 2008. Following is some verses and little whispers I got through our church's week of prayer in January. And then some nuggets God gave me at a one day retreat I took with my 'spiritual mamma'. Just page after page of sweet revelation and key words, verses and phrases to shape my life in 2008. And then....

I turn the page and find an inventory list of my kitchen cupboards and a grocery list. Thus is the life of a full-on for Jesus, maker of the home, eh?!

.....I was going to end there but ......

You know I actually love that this is what our Father intended when He created us. It's not categories of life, that you keep separate - spiritual, physical, emotional. It's 3 parts of us that we are to learn to mesh so that our whole life becomes embodied in Him.

When my babies were actually babies, I would get frustrated at my lack of time to just sit at His feet. And not that this time was not needed but I believe there's amazing lessons you can learn about God and His ways, just by living. Just by being mum.

This year (and maybe over the last several), I'm learning to find my life in Him. All of it. Not separating the 'spiritual' part from the 'mommy' or the 'cook' part. He made Adam and Eve to walk with Him - not to sit at a piano 24/7 with journal, bible and concordance open. (not that I'm opposed to doing that for a time, believe me!) It's about a completeness. Not but this OR that but ALL of it.

A week or so ago, in the course of chatting with some new friends, I used the phrase 'hands on Jesus'. I had never heard it before or thought it or said it. But now I ponder it probably daily. That's exactly Who we serve. A Man who wants to be totally hands-on in our lives. Totally involved with every detail. Not just the 'spiritual' stuff. He wants to be reality. He wants us to live like we believe He is right there. And that He can do anything.

But that leads to a whole 'nother thought. He can do anything. And He wants to do so much more than we really hope that He will. We just need to believe it and then "say to this mountain"....

2 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I really needed to hear this, because honestly, I have had to deal with some pretty unbearable people lately. It's just bizarre, actually.

BUT, in all my frustration, I said "Lord, I just need to be home to sit at your feet" When I heard in my spirit that I am to put into practice all that I've learned while sitting there now.

Hands on Jesus...

Color Chick said...

mommy I love you