Sunday, July 20, 2008

rise on wings like an eagle

So, I've been sick outta my mind for the last couple days. Today I'm starting to see some sunshine, yay.

We had a full week of fun, with niceday's eldest staying here a couple nights, then her family joining us on Wednesday night. Also joining us that night was a long time friend, whom we hadn't seen...in a long time. ;)

Thursday took us on our weekly trek west for service. Another great night. A woman who had multiple issues, including arthritis, had no pain in her body and began doing 'the happy dance'. The next day we found out they hadn't ever seen her smile {like in years} and like I said, she was doin' the happy dance with a smiling face on Thursday night. Another man, who had limped for 30 years {I can't remember what kind of accident brought that on} began to walk normally, with no limp. Praise Jesus!

After coming home Friday evening and yesterday, I didn't do much but lay around. Definitely ironic that I would come home sick from a healing service. Last night, I'd had a enough laying around and ended up taking the kids to town to buy their school supplies for the year, along with a few groceries.

I had Children's church this morning. God was merciful to me in my condition and I didn't have the 33-ish kids they had last week. Less than 20 for this morning so I didn't have to raise my voice toooooo far to get their attention.

So now I'm recuperating so I can make the trek into Sam's Club tomorrow. We have "Church in the Park" in a couple Sundays and then we have a major Pool/Birthday Party coming up on Friday. So we need supplies, a massive quantity of them. Lord, let me rise on wings like an eagle.

This week will keep us busy as well. Basketball camp, another church's VBS that my kids will go to and then our weekly jaunt out west. Then the Pool/Birthday Party before we head home for a day and begin another week on the road. I love summer. Really.

4 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

So glad you are on the mend, girlie.
You are seriously one of the most busy people I know! So get 100%, soon, ok?

Anonymous said...

I love healing about what God is doing! He really is doing amazing things all around the world!

May he bring healing to your life and give you a fabulous week!

Shari

ConservaChick said...

Church at the park sounds WONDERFUL! I'm glad you are feeling better, but hey, isn't there someone who can get all those supplies for you? ~K

Anonymous said...

..."wings on eagles"...I just read that thee days ago!
Ready, set, GO-again!