Saturday, May 17, 2008

this & that

So, Mitch fixed the garage door today. No money involved. I even helped a little. I told Jaci I needed to help fix my mistake. Ugh. Thank You Jesus for a husband who can create and fix anything. (and sometimes the creations need a little fixing :>)

We spent most of the day at home. Halleluia. That was fabulous. I got mostly caught up on laundry. I did a little cleaning so the house is half-way sanitary for our Youth Group party tomorrow night. And that's about it, I guess.

This evening we went to our friends' house for dinner. Very good. It was such a nice night that we took the kids to the park afterwards and did our chatting there. Lovely time. He made us a blended coffee drink for dessert. It wasn't sweet at all but very good - just coffee, vanilla icecream, half n half and ice I think. Good stuff.

Since today was so relaxing, I got me the courage to begin my fast-track bible reading for the summer. You can read about it over here.

My evening cup of French press is about gone so I guess that's my cue to finish up the Sunday morning prep and get to bed. 'Night.

4 comments:

reallyniceday said...

It was beautiful yesterday. Glad you had a great day!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

You sound so fulfilled even though you are busy. What a great testimony that you are able to handle craziness with such grace.
NOW, how in the world do you drink French Press at night and sleep decently?!

Kimmie said...

Thanks for sharing your day...an evening with friends, coffee, catching up on laundry, a day at home...all the things that make a life rich and full!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Chelle said...

I'm glad the garage door thing worked out!!


I have to second what somebody else said...you sound so content with your life. :-)