Saturday, April 26, 2008

please stay here with Me

We got a jam-packed weekend yet again. That leads to a jelly-packed week. (OK, sorry about that but I couldn't resist.) Actually this was going to be a more serious post.

There's a song I've listened too over and over again this week. I don't listen to it everyday but when I do, I listen about 5 or 6 times in a row. It starts like this....

What can I do for You
What can I give to You
What kind of song would You like me to sing
I'll dance a dance for You
Pour out my love to You
What can I give to You, Beautiful King

Cause I can't thank You enough
I can't thank You enough


My heart so often feels the words of this song. I feel so overwhelmed with love for my King that I would give anything. Over the last 9 months or so, my love for Him has deepened immensely. Back in the fall, going through some low times, my heart sang out, "yet I will praise Him". I came to an 'all this really doesn't matter' place and held tight to the words of Habakkuk.

Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls - Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills. Habakkuk 3:17-19

An empty heart realizes how much it needs filled and when we chose to let Him fill it - it's amazing. Words cannot describe. So we're left searching of how we can thank Him. But His response?

You don't have to do a thing
Just simply be with Me and let those things go
They can wait another minute
Wait. This moment is too sweet.
Please stay here with Me and love on Me a little longer
Cause I'm in love with you

I have so relished the sweet moments I've had listening to this song. Joining my heart with these words and basking in His love, even if for just 5 or 10 minutes. His presence is powerful and it only takes one glimpse to melt our hearts forever.


*song by Jenn Johnson out of Bethel Church

6 comments:

Diane Meyer said...

Just wanted to say I loved this quiet little post. It spoke to me, probably because God's word usually does. :-)
NOW, I'm leaving my blog reading to go pray...
Diane

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Mmmmmmm, those words really are beautiful...

Christin said...

Love it. So how has God deepened your love over the past year? I'd love to hear.

You are a sweet sister in Christ.

Anonymous said...

where can I get this music? Its wonderful lyrics!!

Sorry haven't been around much... just enough to nose in a little to other's lives, not enough to share any of me! :) OH but that's right... I blog without obligation! :) I forgot for a moment.

Anonymous said...

You can get this Cd through Brian and Jenn Johnson's myspace...just go to Brian and Jenn Johnson..the CD is called " We believe " and it is amazing!!!

javamamma said...

Yes, anon - I did purchase the CD! It's great.