Wednesday, April 23, 2008

mucho wisdom

I should so not be sitting here. Considering the turn of events of the last 36 hours, I mean.

First off, yesterday morning we booked a trip to Florida for our entire family. It was not planned in advance at all. Just My Beloved telling me he'd like to get down to check out the healing revival that's broke out there. And then me, innocently, checking on some prices - only to have the trip booked within 2 hours of his initial, "hmmm" moment. Yeah, we're that kinda people. Oh, did I say we leave in 1 week? Yeah, THAT kinda of people.

Actually, we had tossed a few ideas around about a 'real' family vacation this year. Seein's how the government is being so generous and all. But Florida wasn't really on that imaginary list for 2008. Now it's a reality. I'm goin' to DisneyWorld, folks!

So that's only the tip of the iceberg. The iceberg? We may be welcoming a son into our home....in August. No, I'm not pregnant. But a friend of a friend of a....well, anyway, we came to find out about a young girl who is looking for a family to adopt her baby due in August.

A heart for adoption formed in me about 2 1/2 years ago. Just a faint, "maybe God would have us do that someday". The heartbeat has been getting louder over the last year. In fact, my girls got passionate a couple months ago and have been praying for God to give us a baby boy, almost daily. I have flippantly thrown out, "I just want God to drop a bebe on my doorstep". And, by golly, it's possible He just did, in a sense.

Anyways, pray for us. I'm pleading. For real. We need mucho wisdom. I don't want to go down any road that's not ordained by God. Especially since this is major uncharted territory. But it does seem like God is being pretty clear here. I mean, who really gets phone calls to ask, "Do you want a baby? I got one for ya."

I chatted for a few minutes with a lovely friend of a friend to find out atleast our first step in this journey. We are going to continue to walk (or perhaps, run) down this road until God shuts the door....or until we have a son in our arms in August!

So, first step - off to Florida! Second step, pray in a baby!

13 comments:

Urban Girl said...

I also have a heart for adoption. It was so weird to read your post because my husband and I are trying to decide whether to have a third child of our own or adopt or to have another one at all - we really want a girl (we have two boys). I sometimes feel like I'd just like God to drop a girl on my doorstep! You are very smart to take a step back and pray about this. We believe in walking the path that God has for you life and the only way to do that is to pray and read his Word. He won't lead you astray. I pray for wisdom and understanding for you and your family in making this decision. I know that God will lead you down the right path. I also pray that God will find the right family for this little boy and for the mom to find peace in her decision to place her son for adoption - what a hard and courageous thing to do.

On a fun note, you are going to love DisneyWorld - it's so much fun. We are impromptu vacationers too! Hope you guys have a great time.

Unknown said...

wow!! That is awesome... Very excited for you, and praying for clear direction and clarity from Him.

... seriously, I've got goosebumps and a big smile! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! I have been praying for your "baby boy" to come! AND Florida...how blessed are you!!!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Oh girl, that is AWESOME!!! (the baby boy thing) You can rest assured that I will be praying for you. I know that your heart must really be set on this...mine would be.
Yeah, we're those kinda people, too. I do spur of the moment waaaaay better (when it comes to fun, mind you) than I do scheduled, it seems.

gail said...

where is this healing revival taking place? i have just started reading about smith wigglesworth who had a healing ministry in the 1800'-1900's. are youfamiliar with him? i am so hungry for healing in my life and more of God. thanks, gail in idaho

Christin said...

Oh my goodness. My mouth was already hanging open as I read you were taking a "last minute" trip to FLORIDA!! yay!

AND THEN

I read about the possiblity of a baby...

Woah. You people like to live on the wild side, huh? I LOVE IT.

May God give you an abundance of wisdom and peace!!!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

WOW!!! Oh my goodness. First I was excited to hear about Disney but then BAM! REALLY big news! :) That is so, so amazing! Of course I'll pray for you!! That is huge!

How amazing to just get a call. Maybe I should start praying that for our family. :)

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

Beaver Crossing has no idea what may come from a family vacation to florida...Yeah God!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Wow! Big stuff! Have fun at Disney! God bless you with wisdom and discernment as you follow the adoption path.

Chelle said...

We're going to Disney in 2010. It's a ways off, but we're excited. I guess we're not really impromptu vacationers. LOL

On a more serious note, I will definitely remember you guys in my prayers. We have a heart for adoption as well. This is such a huge decision for you guys and I pray for wisdom and direction for you and your husband and also for the birth mother.

Kimmie said...

Enjoy Florida, happy rest and regrouping to you and yours. I will be happy to pray for you and the wee one who needs a family.

hugs
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Mycrazylife said...

Wow! That is awesome. I pray that God will answer your prayers and bring the wee one to your doorstep.

Diane Meyer said...

WHHAAAATTT??!!! Seriously?
I will stop reading blogs right now (after I comment on your newer one) and go pray for this baby....whatever happens, okay?
Is your heart attached yet? Or are you holding back until you know more? More info, please.
Going to pray now...
Diane