Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm liking it

We got a wonderful surprise phone call from this dear friend on Monday. They were on their way west and thought they'd break the trip up with a stop at our house. Yeah! It was just them and their youngest boo-ba and after transporting our older two to school, we just had one boo-ba, so we had a lovely, chatty morning over muffins and coffee. (the hubby's had a loud prayer time in the next room) Then a wonderful, chatty lunch at Applebee's and THEN a grand, chatty latte at Starbuck's before they headed out. I LOVE surprises.

Today I worked at the school. This time in the office. It was a good day. A tad boring at times, while I sat there twiddly my thumbs waiting for the phone to ring, but good. I'm an office girl at heart.

Tomorrow we have a day off. WooHoo. I think I'll take the girls in to the Children's Museum. My parents gave a year pass for Christmas - we need to take advantage of it.

I'm still doing my Lent readings and they are so good. This section is on 'Temptation'. Good stuff. I'm trucking through "The Weight of Glory" by CS Lewis. Ugh. Not easy reading. I may scrap it for now and move on to something else. Like finishing 'The Hobbit'. :)

Life is good. Not too crazy but not too dull. I'm liking it.

5 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Yeah for friend fun! :) Glad you got to do that. :) Enjoy the children's museum! I'm working at the girls' school tomorrow for a book fair. Not excited right now, but hopefully I'll meet some new people! :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fabulously chatty sort of day. :) The kind I like.

Diane Meyer said...

I'm struggling through The Weight of Glory too, and a John Piper book. When one gets to be too much, I pick up the other. :-)
Diane

Christin said...

Ahh...you remind me to use OUR pass to the Children's Museum too. You think..."I'll use it all the time" and then. Nope.

;)

Glad life seems to have slowed down a tad for you. Have fun at the museum!

ConservaChick said...

Sounds wonderful! I could use a morning like that. I am so not in the mood for a weighty book. I've taken to reading magazines! Even my husband's copy of Charisma was a bit too intense for me this week. ~K