Friday, January 04, 2008

Christmas-spirit is still alive & well

We're hanging here in a hotel, 3 hours from home. Well, actually it took us 6 hours to get here - a Kohl's detour. The kids all have new winter coats for next year though. :)

Tomorrow is the funeral we are here for. We're in charge of leading the congregation(?) in worship with 'Victory in Jesus'. It looks like we will be re-uniting with a couple of our old band guys. Ah, old times.

We lucked out and my nephew's 2nd birthday party will be tomorrow afternoon as well. So, we get to par-tay after we celebrate a life long lived for Jesus. Then we head back home so we can be good pastors and be in church Sunday morning.

The kids will start back to school on Tuesday. Ugh. Not looking forward to getting back into early nights and early mornings. It's good for my flesh though, huh?

No, it will be good to get back into routine. And maybe I'll even get the Christmas decor put away. ;)

6 comments:

ConservaChick said...

The forced schedules of school. It really is one of the best things for us... but oh so painful. Yeah, and I can relate to Kohls detours (although my last 3 hour detour was more Ikea in nature) ~K

Anonymous said...

You're always hoppin'! Way to think ahead for winter gear! I did the same thing last year for Reilee-Scored a Colubia Coat at 70% off!

EEEEMommy said...

My husband has been dilligently working on putting away the Christmas decor while I lay on the couch watching football. Gotta love stereotypical role reversals! ;)
Your verse for the year is great. It'd be great for me to spend the year focussing on that one too!
Grace and Peace,
Angel

Anonymous said...

We usually wait for-ev-er to put our Christmas stuff up, but this year we did it the weekend after Christmas. I always feels so nice when it's all down. Back to the ol' grind for everyone.
Gayle~who cannot seem to sign in for the life of me today

Christin said...

yep. We just put our chrismas stuff up. I have to admit, I hate the "empty" feel of the house after it's gone. So sad.

On a different note, I'd love to hear about your homebirths some day. I've been thinking.... ;)

Chelle said...

Oooh...a Kohl's detour. We did some Boxing Day shopping over the weekend too. :-)