Monday, December 17, 2007

Rookie's preaching the Christmas message

Ahhhhhh. It's nice to sit. And not feel guilty because you have a million and two things to do in less than 6 hours. :)

We got through our Annual Holiday Open House. It's such a fun thing to do but soooo much work. I was a little disappointed at the turn out but a little extra snow on Friday and kid's Christmas programs cut down on attendance. Oh well.

I so shoulda taken some photos.... especially of the table of yummies, but do you think I took time to do that? Ha. Here's what was neatly spread on my table though....

Pumpkin Spice Balls
Sugar Cookies
Gingerbread Cookies
Peanut Blossoms
Egg Nog Pound Cake with Whip Cream
Banana Mini Muffins
S'more Bars
Cherry Mash
People Puppy Chow
Chocolate Snack Mix
Dipped Pretzels
Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Baguette with Jalapeno & Artichoke Dip
Cheese & Cracker Tray

and of course, coffee, hot chocolate, iced tea and hot tea.

After the Open House, we headed to a high school basketball game. At 10pm when we were heading home, I realized that I hadn't even THOUGHT about the bulletin, let alone got it finished for the next morning's service. Yikes. That got printed at 8am Sunday morning. Then I lead worship for the morning service. In the afternoon was our annual Caroling/Gift Basket Outreach. Today Mitch and I headed to the city to finish up Christmas shopping. (Even so, I STILL have a couple more little things to get) And now, I'm done. I'm tired. I feel in need of a vacation. :)

This week is way more quiet, praise the Lord. Actually we should be entering somewhat of a Sabbath, compared to the last 6 weeks. Again, praise the Lord. The main agenda for this week? Preparing Sunday's message. Yep, I get the privilege of preaching the Sunday-before-Christmas message. My Beloved doesn't have 'sacred cow syndrome' over holidays. He doesn't necessarily preach messages that coordinate with holidays. So he has no qualms with handing the service over to a rookie for Christmas. Scary.

4 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Wow. I'm tired just reading that! But no photos??? How could you??

I'm confident God will annoint your words for Sunday! What a privilege!

Nen said...

no sacred cows - good! :)

You exhaust me - but HOW I WISH I was there to enjoy all those sweets!! :) eggnog pound cake ? yumm - I'd be having that for breakfast! :)

Kimmie said...

May God direct you as you seek Him on what He'd have you share. Walk in all He has for you.

Glad you will have some quieter times-enjoy them, as they seem to be few and far between!

hugs
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Christin said...

Sweet! I wish you could post your sermon!!

And how refreshing to hear that your church doesn't "poo poo" on women leadership. I think that interpretation of Paul's words has been sorely abused (women remain silent). And FINALLY my church is coming to an understanding of that. And a FREEDOM to let the women walk out the giftings the Lord has called them/us to! :)

I mean really...think about it. It was a day where even the testimony of a Jewish women wasn't even allowed in court...YET the Lord chose to have a WOMAN see him first. And then TESTIFY of him to everyone else. He handed over that great privilege to a woman...
He came to set the captive (to messed up philosophies) FREE. ;)

So all that to say. You go girl. May your words be anointed by God.