Sunday, November 18, 2007

what I did last week

Yowsers, can life go any faster? I mean, I'm not complaining (not really) but life doesn't seem to slow down for a second.

So, last week... I promise I'll have photos soon, but I began the project of redecorating the girls' bedrooms. That, of course, would begin with painting. My husband first 'primed' the walls (and the ceiling) with some ingenious discovery of his. Something like an insulation that gets dumped into paint. Then began the fun part!

The first coat in Chandler and Robin's room was a deep aqua blue - on all four walls. That was followed by the chore of lining up 3 inch gaps to paint a lighter blue in between the dark. The stripes go up 5 foot and will have an under-the-sea border at the top of them. Their new bedspread is horizontally striped with aquas/blues/greens/limes.

Jaci got Raspberry Fizz on one wall, a deep grapey purple on one wall and then an electric LIME green on the third wall. (I know, fun!) The fourth wall....oh, wow the fourth wall. It has all those colors plus the aqua from the little girls' room in different sized rectangles as a mosaic of sorts. Pretty cool. But incredibly time consuming to design, measure out and tape up. Her bedspread is reversible - right now the polka dot side is up, white with those great colored polka dots. The other side is striped.

I've still got to put the border up in the first room and touch up Jaci's mosaic wall where I pulled the tape off. Not looking forward to that one. Hopefully Mitch will help. He has a much more sure hand in edging.

Our week did end on a fabulous note of making a spur-of-the-moment trip to Kansas City to visit reallyniceday and her fam. We made the 4 hour trek to have lunch with some new friends from Poland and Germany that My Beloved bought vans for. Mrs. W very obligingly let our family of 5 inhabit their home for 24 hours, cooked for us twice and even kept the girls while Mitch and I went to lunch. What a blessing to have good friends!

We got home at midnight last night and got up all perky (snort) for church this morning. We had some lunch, tidied the home for Youth Group tonight and even grabbed a short snooze before I sat down to post for a minute before the youth invade our home in 45 minutes.

Next week will include, the finishing of the bedrooms, me working FOUR (3 of those, just 3 hours) days this week and hosting Thanksgiving HERE for us and Mitch's parents. Here we go again!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Stuff!

Shati

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

That sounds SO cute!!! I really want to see photos-- those are the exact colors Brynne wants me to re-do her room in! :)

reallyniceday said...

We are grateful you were here. Tornadoes and all, I'm grateful to be able to have friends come, stay and feel at home. I think tornado actually means "kids in groups" in like Swahili or something... :)

Chelle said...

Sounds like a fun week. So do we get to see pics of the girls rooms?

ConservaChick said...

I can't wait for the pictures. Jaci's room sounds adorable. Love those names "Rasberry Fizz, Lime" makes me hungry! ~Karlie

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! Can't wait to see pics. The girls must be pumped!

Christin said...

Wow! when you paint, you mean business!! No boring walls for you guys, eh?

Looking forward to seeing pictures! Maybe I'll get inspired.

Jules said...

The rooms sound incredible. I cannot wait to see pictures. Your trips to Kansas City always sound like such a blessing to your family.