Thursday, November 29, 2007

time management

Oh, I have sooo been wanting to have time to blog in the last week. I've even had thoughts to blog about. But alas, time management has prohibited this luxury. So it's 11:19pm and I need to try to get more than 4 1/2 hours of sleep (for the second night in a row) so I'm just quick checking in.

When I leave the house tomorrow at 7:40am, I won't return until late Saturday night. This is the morning...
Drop kids at school
Coffee run
Drop preschool girlies off
Drive to the city for a quick Super Target stop
10am acrylic nail fill
Back to pick up the kids from school 4 hours early so we can hit the road

We'll drive an hour and stop for a pastor's lunch, meeting Mitch there. Then the girls and I will head further west to visit my family overnight. We've got a big brunch planned since I didn't make it back for Thanksgiving. I think there'll be 22-ish. That's just 2 sets of Grandparents, an aunt and then my parents and all us kids - me toting my girls, one sis with her hubby and son, and another sis with fiance in tow.

The weather is not supposed to be great and that is not so good when it's me as Chief Travel Dog. I totally trust my husband on bad roads. Me? Not so much. So pray for me, would ya? Jesus rebuking the storm would be fabulous. :)

Alright, that's it for now. I don't have time to tell you about my major meltdown I had on Tuesday. Or the fact that in 5 weeks the Children's Ministry will be my responsibility. Or that we're taking our youth to carol at an 'assisted living home' next weekend. Maybe soon though. Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Nen said...

thinking of you - hang in there girlie!!

reallyniceday said...

Have fun in NP. I'm sure your driving will be just fine.

Must have been the week for meltdowns. I won't even get into it. Ugh.

Look forward to hearing about the children's min. plans. You're more of a superwoman than anyone I know.

Chelle said...

You go, girl! And I thought my life was busy.

Have fun at the family gathering. :-)

EEEEMommy said...

Thanks for stopping by! :)
I can't believe you voluntarily purchased the Chipmunk's CD! Girl, WHAT were you thinking? ;)
I'll be listening now for that line though. I've been know to buy gifts from me to me, but then I hand them to my husband and tell him that he bought this lovely present for me and to please wrap it up. :) He actually appreciates it most of the time.

Safe travels! I will keep you in my prayers!

Angel

Christin said...

Really, you should try to broaden your horizons. You know, get out of the house and take more on.

KIDDING! *wink*

Wow, girl! Busy busy, eh?

Question. Was the fact that the children's ministry will be YOURS in a few weeks YOUR idea? Hope so! If not...bum mer!

Jules said...

I'll be praying for your trip. I, too, do not like to drive in bad weather, although I trust my husband and dad to do it. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. (Although I cannot wait to hear about another IHOP trip.)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I've been missing you!!!! Come home quickly and blog!

WHAT???? You're taking on Children's Ministry????? That is HUGE!! Tell us more!

Kimmie said...

May God bless you richly in all of your comings and goings ! May He surprise you with divine appointments all along your path.
His strength is sufficient for your every need (I know you know that, just reminding you my sweet friend)

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with the Family!!

Shari

ConservaChick said...

I've had a few meltdowns myself this last week (involving other people's children). I've missed your posting! Glad you are back ~Karlie