Tuesday, October 30, 2007

symbolic gesture

To a couple comment-ers on my last post - I responded with a comment down there.

And speaking of comments. How cool is the new 'update me when new comments come in' dealie you can check when you leave a comment at a blogger blog? Of course, if I did that whenever I left a comment on one of your blogs - my mailbox would be full, as I found out for a couple days. Crazy. It's like getting a mailbox full of mail (excitement), only to find out it belongs to someone else (bummer).

Anyways. Life has been a whirlwind. Which I much prefer to the boredom of my summer days but sheesh, a day's reprieve here and there might be nice. Today's a little less crazy except I have to work and finish up some stuff for the "Wild West Fall Fest" tomorrow night. Speaking of work - I gotta leave in 10 minutes.

On a more spiritual note - since I really haven't posted anything deep or profound on a God-level lately. I've been reading the Gospels, in my quest through the Bible, chronologically. It truly is amazing the things Jesus majors on and the things He doesn't speak a word about (which I'm guessing means they are not near as important as we think them to be).

A few unmentioned things that have stuck out to me:
piercings and tattoos
the 'way' to 'do' church
dress code
required pantry items
'allowed' listening material
schedule of the optimum day
number of children in a family

A few things mentioned that seem like they would come natural to us, but don't.
don't neglect justice and the love of God. Luke 11:42
a house divided against itself will fall. Luke 11:17
heal the sick, preach the Kingdom of God. Luke 10:8; Luke 9:2 and countless other places

OK, there's SO much more, but I gotta go to work. Be sure there will be a post soon on JUSTICE. It's the theme of my life right now. I might even have a symbolic gesture to mark this season in my life. Maybe.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you're running a governmental office? Say, Secretary of State? Mayor? ;)

And whatdaya mean there's no verses on required pantry items? I really need those verses. I'm crushed.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Great thoughts here Dani-girl. Thoughts that I have been pondering as of late myself.
Looking forward to your post on justice.

ConservaChick said...

Ooh, symbolic gestures, can't wait to hear more about it! Justice. What a cool theme. Mine this season is deliverance from self... last season was legalism... hmm when do I get justice? Do you have a copy of the course schedule?
What do you mean Jesus didn't talk about whole wheat flour and garbonzo beans? I thought the loaves (of loaves and fishes) were organic spelt muffins. I must have a different translation. ~K

Anonymous said...

I love your desire to find truth in a world of "diverse" teachings! "Symbolic Gesture" you go girl! Pierce that idea, and hold it high to shine like a diamond! Wink!

javamamma said...

Hey now, Sleep Deprived. Keep your mouth zipped - my hubby's still in processing mode. I don't have a yes yet.

Christin said...

ohhh...I love that. You're so right, there is A TON that Jesus doesn't touch. (like parenting...add that one too!!) But so much that he DOES. Sometimes I think I major in the minors instead of focusing on the things that Jesus finds close to HIS heart.

thank you...such a good reminder!

Speaking of reminders...Yep, won't be clicking that little comment dealie. who wants Mail that belongs to someone else. ew. ;)

Jules said...

I recently heard about an assignment in Bible class at a local Christian school. The students were to find a current event, form an opinion, and then find scripture to back it up. It was amazing how many students formed opinions they thought were Biblically based for which they could find no scriptural support. Starting at the Bible, which I think was the point of your post, is the way to go!

Nen said...

you make me smile!

I want to hear your thoughts on justice... are you still reacting a little to the Above Rubies retreat? :)

Anonymous said...

Love God. Love Others. Why is that so incredibly hard to keep in the forefront of my life? So basic and yet so hard.

Shari