Tuesday, October 23, 2007

so, the weekend...

It was everything I expected.... and nothing more. Mrs. Nancy Campbell is an extremely fun communicator. She is a tall, red-headed, drama queen who is humorous, with a New Zealander accent. Too bad I can't stomach most of her teaching. Sorry all. I have no problem with someone having conviction about birth control, eating habits, dress code, etc. I DO have a problem with someone teaching such as 'the Gospel' because it is not. Romans (14:17-18) says the Kingdom of God is NOT eating and drinking (think earthly things), it is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. So anyways.

The weekend was definitely God-ordained, as the fellowship I had with my two friends was very sweet. God is doing amazing things in these gals' lifes and we chatted ALL night about it. (well, we slept TWO hours) So, if a loony retreat is what it took to let us gals take time away with each other. So be it.

After we left the retreat a session early, we did a little shopping and ate HERE. Then my gorgeous hubby arrived with my ladies and, after dropping the kiddos at some friends' house, we headed to another church for a night of wonderful ministry. God used Mitch to minister amazing words of knowledge to 20 or 30 people. And I interceded from a distance, worshiping while I watched. I have to tell you, I felt so blessed to know how much mocking and grumbling I had done in the last 12 hours, yet Jesus still enveloped me in His wonderful presence. That's grace, folks. All heart attitudes melt when Jesus rolls in in His glory.

So then the hell-ish ride home. Ugh. We had 2 cars to drive an hour and a half - after only 2 hours of sleep the night before. I barely made it but, thankfully, pulled into the driveway at midnight with my car and riders still in tact. Then a few hours of sleep to be up early to put the bulletin together and go to church.

After church, we ate at home so as to get right to work on tidying up for youth group that night. And of course, life starts all over on Monday, ya know? We had a fabulous lunch and fellowship with kissesfromheaven and her hubby and YWAM missionary brother.

Today I worked and then we took dinner out to a couple from church. The wife just had surgery to remove a toe - yikes. She's doing fantastic. Thank You Jesus. And then we ended up heading to Applebee's - kids in tow. Originally Mitch and I were going to go on a date tonight since we won't see much of each other the rest of the week BUT after trying 3 sitters with no luck, we decided Applebee's .99 kids meals sounded OK too. Now we're all winding down, though I'm thinking staying up for a movie might be good.

In closing, here's me and my 2 pals. I'm on the left. In the middle is my friend, Lisa, who I met when I was 9. (back when we were both brown haired little girls, we used to be asked if we were twins. oh we have some stories.) On the right is Lisa's sis-in-law, Aleena, who I met just 3 years ago. You can see the top of Aleena's youngest son's head. The only child in our weekend. Fun times.

8 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

You are so stinking cute! (Gorgeous, really.) And I LOVE the necklace. :)

Glad you had such a great time with your friends!!

I'm not familiar with your new favorite speaker. :) I'll check her out and see what I shouldn't be eating. :)

I also don't know the first restaurant you went to. Applebees, though... LOVE the blondie there. Although the night we were served raw chicken kind of did me in.

I'd go back to Applebee's if I could be there with YOU, though! :)

Chelle said...

Oooh, how I can relate to your feelings on Mrs. Campbell's teachings. I really appreciate her heart for God...but I completely disagree with so many of her beliefs.

So glad you had a good time with your friends!

reallyniceday said...

Great photo! Is Aleena a scant bit Asian or Hawaiian? You all three look great.

SO you got in on the nutritional birth control classes, eh? In a financially perfect world, I'd enjoy eating organic too, but cheetos are way cheaper than unsulphared organic dried apple rings, ya know?

javamamma said...

Aleena is part (1/2 or 1/4) American Indian. Remember Grandpa? :) She has great eyes, eh?

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Nevah heard of her! However, I can tell you that the way you described her ALREADY tells me that I wouldn't be able to stomach the teaching either. I absolutely cannot stand for someone to try to shove this grace-needing girl back under the Law...fa-get-a-bout-it!
Going to check out her website anyway, though...right after I haul myself and the kids through the drivethru at McD's. ;)

Nen said...

funny... I led worship at one of her retreats last October... I was inspired, but not in all the controversial stuff... just in having a mother's heart. Still not planning on 10 children :)

And I would like to get her "family Table" book - I think that sounds like it has some fun ideas for family meals. It makes me think of my home growing up :)

It was hard to sit through some of it though. Sweet lady though.

Christin said...

*grin* WELL AT least, if nothing else, you got to hang with da sistas. I'm gearing up to do that next weekend myself. Yee-haw. Sleepless nights here I come.

Oh wait. I already have those (baby feedings). Huh. Okay so maybe those are over-rated. But...I DO get the girlie time.

And my mom is the speaker. I'm thinking I'll probably agree with most of her theology. heh heh

You're looking pretty fine...

ConservaChick said...

Isn't this funny... I have been a fan of Nancy Campbell and Above Rubies in the past, but God has been doing a work in me. Yesterday I got the newest Above Rubies magazine and the whole thing made my stomach turn. I wrote a post on one aspect of it that bothered me, but it was more than that. The whole thing about eating felt like legalism. Anyway, if we were neighbors, I'd invite myself over and make you listen to me rant about it. Lucky you. ~Karlie