Saturday, August 18, 2007

this God-life

So, back-to-school week 1.....done. You can read about our adventures HERE.

I'm living in Day 27 of 40 Days of Praise. You can read about my adventure HERE.

And here we are at the weekend. Number 2 of three weekends of family staying with us. My family was here 1 night last weekend. They're here 2 nights this weekend. They'll be back 1 night next weekend. And my sister and bro-in-law, with young son, will be here 2 nights next weekend as well. Throw hubby of my good friend in for Sunday night and that completes our month of guests...well, unless we hear from others. (hmmm, not true. my sis was here a couple nights this month too.)

Anyways, I'm so glad to be hosting family and friends again for a season. We have a bigger-than-we-need-home and it's purpose is to be a blessing to others. Our guest rooms haven't seen much action this summer and it was time to fill all the beds again. :o) Love it.

Until the weekend, next week should be slightly slower than this past week. I guess, except for adapting to the routine of the first full week of school.

On another note, I may be working a couple days a week over the lunch 'hour'. Some great folks opened a cafe/convenience store downtown and they are in need of a waitress, as the sweet girl who has been working will be starting school again and needs to reduce her hours. Oh the opportunities to live in this God-life we live.

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Enjoy your company! I like having friends and family stay over. Most of the time.