Tuesday, July 10, 2007

what this week brings

Monday I had to quick run into 'town' - the nearest Super WalMart (15 min) away. Actually I had to return a couple books to the library there, so naturally a trip to WalMart was on the agenda. :o) But what this paragraph is really about is there is a new COFFEE SHOP that just opened up there!

Now, 15 minutes to the west of us is the other SuperMart town which opened a Starbuck's within months of us moving to 'Hickville' (God knows I needed some sort of comfort leaving a town of 5+ coffee shoppes!) But this is the other bigger little town to the east of us. The one we most often end up in because the kids go to school that direction (though not in that town).

Anyways, the coffee shoppe....is called iPanama and is very cute with yummy lattes. They also serve ice cream and pitas....which I haven't tried YET. The hours this little shoppe is open is one of the thrills about it. 6am-10:30pm! and it's open on Sunday. (What's a Sabbath without a coffee?)

The reason this thrills me so? The town which sports this new shoppe also has a drive-through coffee place that is pretty good but closes at 2pm and it's DRIVE THROUGH (no fun). What about the non-granny's that happen to consume caffeine after 2pm? Also, in the town the kids go to school, they have a fabulous little shoppe.... which closes at 11am. Honestly folks, what the heck? So you can see the excitement of this mamma who actually begins to NEED caffeine around 5pm.

OK, I really had other thoughts to post but my run-around thoughts and many words about my coffee shoppe experiences have taken up too much of my time, and God-knows, yours! But here are just 2 other thoughts in a nutshell.

~ I watched Man vs. Wild last night, for the first time. My family has watched it numerous times and are all addicted. In fact, my preacher-hubby joked about there being a new 'cult' within the church. :o) Anyways, that guy is a maniac!

~ I'm truly displaying that I am, in fact, insane, because I am doing 3 mornings of a 'mini pre-school vbs' for seven 3-4 year olds. After doing the 'real thing' just weeks ago. I'm the leader with my two older girls (6, 8) as 'crew leaders'. Fun stuff.


Oh... Jump over to my other blog to see photos of my youngest beauty queen lookin' like a homie from the inner city.

5 comments:

reallyniceday said...

LOVE the pictures on the other blog. She's so beautiful and tan! Guess her future husband won't have such a tight budget having to pay for beauty like that.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Very happy for you today that you have a new place to enjoy! :) Wish we could meet up for a cup of java!
How does this second mini VBS work? Is it through your church?

javamamma said...

Cindy: We used Group's Avalanche Ranch for VBS this year. It includes the pre-school curriculum which we didn't do at the same time as our elementary. So I just took three of the 5 days stuff and adapted it to work for our 3 days and 5 kids! I really enjoy the curriculum from Group - VERY easy to use!

Chelle said...

Nothing like a new coffee shop to check out. Enjoy your new happy place! :)

Kimmie said...

Neat- I think next week I maybe doing the preschool Avalanche Ranch at my church (with my sister in law who is the Pastor's wife)- they are deciding if there are enough preschoolers to make it work.

OFf topic- I met a wonderful couple from ihop last week on vacation-they have 7 kids and are so nice. (God blessed us with meeting two Christian families ~one with 7 kid and one with 8...what do you think he is saying to us??)
I enjoyed looking through your ihop stuff- it kind of makes my head spin, as I am new to the site and there is so much to look at.
My daughter went with a friend to One Thing in NY -they really enjoyed it.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted