Friday, July 06, 2007

psyco-woman

Yeah, the aforementioned, that's me. For several months now, I've been in this up and down, emotional roller coaster of a ride. I'm not really sure why. Often I think I'm really battling some sort of spiritual thing - and I'm not really sure how. Some days are great, some hours are fine and then, somehow, I snap and my family runs for cover. (not really as funny as it sounds)

A few weeks ago, I told My Beloved that it's like I'm spiritually 'pregnant' with something and I'm going through all the bizzarro symptoms of a physical pregnancy. Not really comforting but somewhat of an excuse.

One thing that keeps me from just going totally nutso is that I not only have Jesus, sitting at my Father's right hand, interceding for me but I have a praying maniac husband. Really. Not that he enjoys that he has reason to be in intercession but his first course of action when I call him 'in one of those moods' is praying over me. I usually get atleast momentary relief.

I'm believing for breakthrough soon - a spiritual 'birthing' - if you will. There's several pressurized things in our lives that should be relieved very soon. Thank You Jesus. It's been a real season of spiritual growth for me as well - maybe it's just 'growing pains'. Regardless of the origination of my pysco-ness, I know my Jesus is much bigger and 'this momentary light affliction is working in me, the eternal weight of glory'. I hope to come out on the other side with a new strength and confidence in our eternal God!

2 Corinthians 4:17 (amplified)
"For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!]"

7 comments:

reallyniceday said...

If you were listening to the 12 noon set, you could have been sung to again. :)

Chelle said...

I can't tell you how much I appreciated this post. I've been feeling very much the same way about myself and am struggling to figure out what's happening. Loved your verse.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! It was so nice to see your comment on my blog! I was wondering how you were doing :) I just had to mention that I've been through much of the same "roller coaster" as you. It always amazes me to look back after and see the growth from it, (and to see that I actually CAN be nice). Thanks for sharing!

Jonatha
mrssulli

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I completely get that. I really do, and I hate it. There are so many days that I painfully relate to Paul in Romans 7:19 "For the good that I will to do, I do not do. But the evil that I will *not* to do, that I practice."
Lord, we cry out for victory!

Anonymous said...

I am so in agreement on prayer for this. I sometimes have felt in the middle of "pscho-mom/wife" moment, "why am I acting like this". I will be lifting up my blogger friends as I pray against this and for us to walk in the victory Jesus already attained for us. I have been praying for a Spirit of rest as I let Jesus work through and in me. Praise God he has done it all and we just need to step back and let our Protector, Shield, Strength, etc... fight the battle. As I grow in the Lord I can really see it's not about flesh and blood at all. It's not that circumstance or person it's about Satan trying to steal our joy and faith. Thanks for sharing.
:>Michelle
ps. for the crowns I went to Dollar Tree and bought the party garland in 2 colors and made crowns. 1 roll (25 ft) made 10 crowns. I was going to add curly ribbon, but was too tired.

javamamma said...

Thanks for the crown instructions. Simple but cute...my kinda deal!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

What a gift to have such a praying husband!! I'm so happy for you!

I have felt much the same way a couple times in my life. Can't wait to hear what is birthed!