Tuesday, July 03, 2007

not a total slug

I haven't been sucked into a book as extremely as I am now since I was a teen, reading Gilbert Morris' 'House of Winslow' Series.

This last book of The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis is sooooo good. It has taken a few chapters to see how it's characters connect with the ones from the first 2 books. All the more enticing. I will probably finish the book today - after lazing around for the second day, my nose seriously buried in the book.

I have to justify myself by saying that I DID accomplish the 2 things on my list yesterday before picking up "That Hideous Strength". Those were, balancing the checkbook and cleaning out my shower. See, I'm not a total slug - those were biggies!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, read randy's post today. He's got some great stuff on church planting. Not that you're doing that, but you kinda are...or will be soon.

Thanks for the great weekend!

Chelle said...

The House of Winslow series! I tried that, but couldn't get through the 25 (or whatever) books. I did, however, get totally hooked on the Cheney Duvall books. LOL

EEEEMommy said...

Burying yourself in a book every now and again isn't always a bad thing! Good job balancing the checkbook and cleaning the shower. It sounds like your reading time was well deserved, and IT IS SUMMER after all! :)

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Those definitely were biggies by my standards! Watch out if I get engrossed in a book, because I am the same way. Especially fiction, which I don't read very much of anymore.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I JUST looked at the space trilogy last week- I read them in college in a C.S. Lewis course; I'm sure I'd appreciate them more now!

Hope all is well for you, friend!

ConservaChick said...

When I get into a REALLY good book, dishes don't get done, kids don't get fed, and I certainly don't clean showers...
Hey, did reallyniceday just give a hint on your church news??? ~Karlie

javamamma said...

Actually I've never thought about what we'd be doing as a church plant...more like a relocation. So, yes I guess that's somewhat of a hint. ;o) We should know something concrete in the next days - so the story could be coming out soon. (It's probably not as big of a deal as all this secrecy would lead on.)

reallyniceday said...

oops. sorry. :(