Saturday, July 14, 2007

naseating rant

I am an avid reader. I love to read. I love to infuse information in my soul. I love the revelation I get reading my Bible. I even enjoy reading about history and Christians in history. I glean from the Godly character of those who have gone before me, BUT...

I don't think that God's requirements for a relationship with Him are:
1. Get saved. (and that means, say this sinners prayer and you will can be saved from helllllll)
2. Read all the historical literature you can.

Oh, and then for the truly Godly believer, if you REALLY want to be 'close' to Me...

3. Elevate the Purtian's to the level of God and strive to be one, don't forget to dress like them and raise your 15 children to be identical to them... even though you are born into a culture over 400 years later than them.


I think I shall now puke in my mouth and swallow it because this really nauseates me (as much as the term 'world view'). End of rant....for now. And yes, I do have issues, in case you want to accuse me of it. I already know.

4 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I would *love* to hear where that came from...LOL! Because there has to be a story behind that one. C'mon, you know you want to..;)

javamamma said...

Let's just say it's an accumulated thing. And my pot overflowed this morning.

I get slightly aggravated every time I read people raving over literature written in 1701, having a 'godly worldview' or finding a church that 'teaches the word', because most don't, ya know. (I'm rolling my eyes now)

None of those things are wrong- actually they're all very good. But it's the implications and tone used that I get sick over. And today I decided to share that with you. Joy.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Are you saying my Puritan hat doesn't make me holier than you?!

Nen said...

where did that come from ? I am with ya...

oh, I just read your response :) I need to get together with some of you!! My only friends that GET me are 20 yrs old... :) Well.. its our church, what can I say?