Sunday, June 10, 2007

when I can

Wowsers, we're home and I finally have about 5 minutes to sit. Life keeps getting crazier throughout June.

We had an amazing trip to San Antonio. We didn't 'do' much and it was nice to not have any schedule. We ate, ate and ate and walked, walked and walked. We did discover a big mall around one bend of the River Walk and I ended up getting some clothes. Like really cheap - well, inexpensive - ones. I shopped mainly off the clearance racks at Papaya and Forever 21 which are new to me and totally cool.

My kids will arrive home this evening after us being apart 7 days. We have NEVER left them that long but it's the way things worked out. They've had more of a vacation than we have with staying with my parents, each of 2 of my sister's homes and a good family friend's home. A gal from church will bring them home tonight.

After getting home at 3am Friday - we had a wedding rehearsal and then the real deal this weekend and I was preparing for this morning so we haven't really had time to miss the kids and I don't think they had time to miss us so everything worked out good.

This morning went very well. We had a powerful time of worship and then God broke into the service with some prophetic words (not a typical Sunday morning for us). My Beloved had the tough decision to make whether I should still go ahead and preach or save it for next week. My message really flowed with what God had been saying all morning so we decided to go ahead with my message. I think that was purposed by God.

Now we have our Young Adults group in 13 minutes so I better go pop some popcorn. I jump into last minute VBS prep tomorrow. So I'll be back when I can!

6 comments:

reallyniceday said...

But, did Mitch get anything at Forever 21? He does resemble Sean Penn, ya know.

javamamma said...

Actually they only had women's clothes there. I was surprised to see on the website they even carried men's. All he brought home with him is the calories from the food we ate - that he didn't burn off with all the walking. :o)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I want to hear more about what you preached! How did it go??

Chelle said...

So glad you had fun on your trip! Great clothes for good prices are like the icing on the cake. :-)

ConservaChick said...

Sounds like a great trip. Forever 21 has great sales... I'm with Cindy, I want to know more about what he preached.

javamamma said...

I was the preacher this time - conservachick. I'll let you in on it soon!