Monday, June 11, 2007

what if

I'll try to post my 'outline' from Sunday here tomorrow but for now, thoughts from PBZ. (Read the whole post HERE)


What if Jesus challenges you to become a self that would effectively dismantle...
Your Charismatic self?
Your American Evangelical self?
Your Word of Faith self?
Your Anti Word of Faith self?
Your Republican self?
Your Democrat self?
Your Pre-Trib self?
Your entire I've got it all figure it out down to the last beast that comes up out of the sea eschatological self?
Your four-spiritual-laws-formalistic-Christianity self?
Your I'm-quite-content-where-I-am self?
Your I'm-a-pretty-good-Christian-the-way-I-am self?

Do not marvel that I say unto you, you must be born again.

5 comments:

ConservaChick said...

Ouch.. does this guy know me?

Anonymous said...

How about your "get quite annoyed with weird dancers in the service" self. Yeah, He's been offending my mind quite often lately to get to my heart. ugh....but I say bring it on.

Suprise me now...

Chelle said...

I have come to really appreciate this guy...even when he pierces my heart and offends my self. :-)

Kimmie said...

I really enjoyed the whole article-Bill Wilson is quite the Christian and my husband and I really look up to him and his ministry to the kids. I really admire the fact that he saw a need and put his hands to the task-even when it was a task that took great sacrifice.

Thanks for your insight with Nicodemus-never really gave his life any deep thought.

thanks to for the challenge- think I will go to Jesus and ask him. :-) after all isn't that what radical faith is all about?

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Ya know, if it is offensive to His glory...dismantle away! He has already done some painful dismantling in this gal anyway, and it has always been for the better. I'm sure it will happen again, so I try not to hold too tightly to anything other than what is rock-solid, kwim?